While summer still has more than a few weeks to go, the sweet reality of summer is rapidly coming to an end. School will be back in full swing soon, college students are preparing to head back to campus and the long sunny days and hot summer nights will soon fade away. So, what to do in the meantime? The end of this season can cause some melancholy. There are the people that didn’t take enough vacations, and those who did and are struggling to come back to reality. Here’s a few tips on how to overcome the end-of-summer blues.
1. Yes, the summer fun is over, but I have awesome plans for fall. No more unbearable heat, a ton of fun holidays to look forward to, and … FOOTBALL SEASON!
2. Focus on what you DID accomplish. Not the things you didn’t get to do. Think about all the nice beach days you had, the time you got to spend with friends and family, and exciting trips you took.
3. Celebrate. Go out with a bang. Have one last fun summer celebration before it’s over.
4. Take a “staycation.” Be a tourist in your hometown and enjoy what your city has to offer that you may overlook.
5. Finally, keep in mind that summer will always be back again next year.