The next time you’re hankering for a cold one, hold off a second before downing your favorite pilsner or IPA to try something new. Take your game-day or everyday libations to another level by making these easy, spirit-inducing beer cocktails.
This one’s easy and oh, so refreshing. You’ll need:
- 3 pounds of watermelon chunks
- 2 to 4 white beers or wheat beers (try Shock Top, Blue Moon, Florida Cracker)
Puree watermelon in a blender, sift into a bowl and refrigerate for at least an hour. Combine beer with watermelon puree, and serve immediately. That’s it!
The Three And Out
This drink is for the bold. For this smooth and spicy cocktail, you’ll need:
- 2 shots of vodka
- 2 shots of fresh lemon juice
- 1 shot of honey
- 1 dried chile pepper (split in half)
- Pilsner beer
Combine vodka, lemon juice, honey and chili pepper. Add mixture into a shaker with ice and shake for five seconds. Strain into glass, and top it off with pilsner beer.
This is a celebration in a glass. You’ll need:
- 1 oz Vida Mezcal or your favorite brand
- .75 oz lemon juice
- .75 oz Demerara syrup
- Dash Regan’s Orange Bitters
- 2 oz Pilsner
- Lemon wedge for garnish
Combine Mezcal, lemon juice, demerara and bitters into a shaker with ice. Shake for 10 seconds, and strain into a glass. Top off with your favorite pilsner and viola! Instant party!
Strawberry Rhubarb Shandy
To make this sassy strawberry shandy, you’ll need:
- 2 ounces rhubarb syrup
- 2-3 strawberries, pureed
- 1 12-ounce bottle of cold beer (try Kolsch, or hefeweizen)
Combine the rhubarb syrup and strawberry puree in a glass and top off with your choice of beer.
Captain’s Lime Shandy
Plenty of rum for the naughtical.
- 2 shots of white rum
- 1 shot key lime juice
- 4 dashes of Fee Brothers bitters
- 1 bottle of light-bodied beer, chilled
- sparkling lime soda, chilled
- key lime slices, for garnish
In a shaker, combine rum, key lime juice, bitters and ice. Shake for 3o seconds and strain into glass. Pour in chilled beer, leaving some room to top it off with lime soda. Garnish with lime slices and serve.