Spring is here girls and you know what that means? It is time to refresh and clean your makeup brushes. If you want your makeup to look pretty and your skin to be zit free. Here is my recipe on how to clean your makeup brushes with a more natural twist, using no harsh chemicals. I do this weekly.
- 1 1/2 tbsp of white vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoons of castile soap
- 1 cup of warm water
- 6 drops of lavender Tea Tree oil (smells divine)
Here is a step by step on how I clean mine:
- Wash the brush hairs, not the silver part and the handle with the above in a small bowl.
- Rinse with tap water
- Squeeze and press out the residue of the soapy dirty water.
- Rinse with luke warm water again.
- Rest the clean brushes on a paper towel with the brush hairs at the edge of the counter overnight.
This will clean and disinfect them so that they’re ready to use the next day.
Don’t be a dirty girl … clean those makeup brushes darlings! Your face will love you back.