Our short but sweet catch-up session with Jaguars owner, Shad Khan. We missed him and his floral attire.
1. We hope you’ve been having an enjoyable summer. Anything exciting happening in the world of Shad?
There’s a lot of stuff going on. I have the new boat and have spent a lot of time in Jax and Florida this summer. There are a lot of exciting things happening in the auto industry – new products, new technology, new plants. Every day is exciting for me. If it isn’t, that’s the fault of the guy in the mirror.
2. What are you most looking forward to in the 2015 football season?
Winning. I believe we can say the pieces are in place. There is no other way to spin it. We will be at our best, and we’re committed to winning.
3. We’re very excited to be a part of all the positive change happening to Jacksonville as a whole. What is the current status on the revitalization of the Shipyards? Are the original plans still moving forward?
The ball is now in the city’s court, and we look forward to hearing something soon. We’re ready to engage!
4. What’s one thing you’d like to tell the Jacksonville community?
Jacksonville has the best people and best resources anywhere in America. The best is yet to come.
5. Last but not least, do you still own the Hawaiian floral shirt we gave you last year?
I auctioned it off for good money to a good cause. I autographed it, as did Gus and Dave. It was a great shirt, but the main thing was being able to do something good with it.
We love you Shad, and can’t wait to see what awesome things you continue to do for our community and beyond!